Sunday, April 17, 2011

Wealth -17/04/2011

.


I will never get a chance
to go hungry
my entire life.

Poverty
only touches me
when I forget:

the people I know
are the wealth I own

When counting my fortune
in the friends I have

I am rich



rich beyond the dreams of avarice.





___________________________





I've just been spat out the far side of a weekend catching up with friends, some old, some new. I am stupid enough to forget sometimes how much I like people, and forget to pat myself on the back for the one good habit I ever formed in my life: surrounding myself with good people. Or maybe it's just that good people aren't all that hard to find, I don't know.

Thank you all, just for being who you are, and being a part of my life.


Oh and that last line is actually a quote from Star Trek IV ~ but don't tell anyone.














-Peace






.

1 comment:

PTC said...

Such a fun night & was great to catch up with you mate. I hope your enjoyed your trip back under the stranger side of the city -PTC