Friday, May 24, 2013

"Knuckle Loved" -(2012 performance video clip from Slamalamadingdong) -25/05/2013

.




(if you are not seeing a playable video click here for a direct YouTube link)


Another in the new series of clips we've gotten finished, this one filmed at Slamalamadingdong Poetry Slam, (Melbourne), back in mid-2012. (poem text follows below).





KNUCKLE LOVED

I made it hard on myself
with less than amazing grace
I have raged bleeding off pages 
head-cased on over a hundred stages
in front of complete strangers

scaring the shit out of them 
then having to hand it back 
in a stinking-stupid balancing act
apologising to the emotionally comatose 
living TV highlight life supported
on a bland diet of early nights

I have conquered entire words
swallowing my smile back 
fulcruming back my foolhardy 
into muscle and more muscle 

done push-ups on the sun up 
sweated the lead out 
cracked ribs while laughing 
and made midnight wince 
at seeing me again 

I fucked the holes in my story 

ate her out with knuckle loved hunger 
glared obnoxious at every curved part
that bodily separated us
from our true stories 

wanted her so bad 
that it was... bad 
punched that pain of that
into myself 
tried using the bruise 
to feel like maybe somehow
(ow) we really connected 

died of embarrassment 
to see if suicide is painless 
or just 
another of life's creative processes 
bargained believing in no pain no gain 
no matter how often 
I was subsequently short-changed 

I have paid my dues into black 
then demanded some bloody payback 
when it was my shout
voiced stereo to eleven 
screaming god-fucken-dammit 
right into the heart of heaven

read every religious book 
back to itself like a lullaby
believing
I had shed myself of every belief 

in spirited arguments 
with alcoholic ghosts 
broke the light bulb in my brain 
while beating my head
against every wall I could find 
out there to blame

to get this gravel in my voice
I travelled the world and girl

I made it hard on myself 
kept it up to die trying 
bell tolled with a taken cake 
but I'm telling it straight 

screwed the pooch
in a glass house 
blew my chances
given a toss 
gambled and lost
then went slept it off
shit where I've eaten 
to then eat shit
had to cut the crap 
boat rocked
judgement snapped
but in all that

I have never ever done anything 
anything that could stop me thinking 


about you."





____________________________







-Peace











.

No comments: