Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Shane Koyczan and Jive Poetic are kind of a big deal -13/09/2011

.





I have quietly slipped back into the country to do this gig in Sydney, slipped in a little too quietly actually, and I really should have made more noise about this.



So here I am to BRING THE NOISE.


Yeah tonight I'm performing alongside poetry giants Shane Koyczan and Jive Poetic. Me. The guy whose been turned down by more festivals than you've had hot dinners, whose emails and phone calls are easier to ignore than climate change is in Algeria.

let me show you who these guys are and why I'm so name-droppingly excited about them. Enjoy

SHANE KOYCZAN: This Is My Voice

or click here is you can't see the YouTube window on your screen






JIVE POETIC: clone wars

or click here is you can't see the YouTube window on your screen





Also performing on the night are the amazing Ken Arkind (also from the US), Melbourne's Alia Gabres (see my note on Sweetalkers 22/06/11), Sydney's own Alana Hicks.



Alia Gabres


I am very humbled and excited to be a part of this gig, and I intend to do nothing less than my best performance. Ever.


So if you're in Sydney this Wednesday night... (finish this sentence)





__________________________









-Peace









.

No comments: