Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Australian Shames -18/04/2013

.


I believe the day will come,
when we will attach more shame to being a bigot
than we currently do in this society to being called
gay

There is a day coming

when Australian society will recognise shame
as something for people who stand
in the way of other people's love
their freedom to love
their freedom to express that love
and not apply shame to those of us
who are attracted
to members of their own gender.

No one knows how long they will live for

but I believe I will live long enough
to see this day come in Australia. 

I also believe it is a shame, for Australia

that we are not there already

I believe that want happened last night in New Zealand,

is something that should be celebrated the world over.






(can't figure out how to embed this video of People singing in the New Zealand Parliament  but clock on this link: [HERE ] to give it a watch for yourself. If it doesn't move you... well that's a shame)


__________________________________________





I don't pretend this is the best piece of writing I've ever done by any stretch, but I felt it's really important to make this occasion, for posterity  Y'know, right side of history and all that gorgeous stuff. Have a good day my friends, especially those of you across the Tasman from me.  








-Peace










.

No comments: