Thursday, August 30, 2012

Impersonation -30/08/2012



.


funny how seriously
we take ourselves

silly-looking
wearing my conviction
out
like a rental suit
I couldn't afford
to get any more shit on

it never fit, right
must've looked ridiculous
like a misspelled number
thumbs up opposable
with nobody even noticing

(looklooklook)
it’s me
seriously
again
fit in tailor made
expectations

trying to look
good
trying to look
strong
trying to look
like I don't care
what I look like

trying to look like
I don't need you
trying to look like
I don't need you
to save me

so that you will
please
save me
or
if you can’t
can you at least
stop me

stop me
from trying
to stop you
from noticing



I feel so stupid all the time



...and it is stupid
seriously
I know you can't save me
I don't know if I need saving
I don't even know
what it is
I need saving from

maybe I just need to strip off 
unsuitable convictions
and roll around naked in the shit
laugh at how funny 
everyone else looks
for bothering to watch me

I don't know
where I'm going with this
or where that leaves us
and sorry for taking you
to such a strange space
you're itching to leave I know
but look seriously lost

well I know
the way out
and can
take you with me
just as long
as you can
promise



not to take me seriously









_________________________











-Peace













.

1 comment:

msdebbie said...

I tell you something Randall - every poem I read by you lately, it is so easy to tell how good they would sound in person. The subtle rhymes, effective repetition and excellent rhythm. Your writing has strengthened a lot (imho)! As for taking you seriously - nah, never! - but seriously...so much to like here. I really, really dig the places you're spilling ink these days. Gold x